Friends of Bayou St. John is happy to announce that we are now accepting food vendor applications from restaurants and caterers who are fully licensed, permitted and insured to sell food. Although we are unable to accommodate food trucks on site at this time, we encourage food truck vendors to apply to sell in a booth.
There will be a few changes this year as we will potentially have less space available and will have fewer food booths than in previous years. As such, we will require a tasting from every applicant, regardless of whether or not you have participated before.
We strongly suggest that you submit something unique, created exclusively for Bayou Boogaloo, that can be easily duplicated in an outdoor environment. Vendors will be selected based on quality and those who collectively offer the best variety. Keep in mind that it will be hot, so, light items do well, gluten-free options, Eat Fit approved items and any other dietary considerations are also encouraged.
Vendors will be allowed to serve 3 items and a combo plate. In lieu of a combo plate, then 4 items are acceptable. Food vendors will not be allowed to sell beverages of any kind.
The deadline to apply is Friday, December 20th, 2019.
Food Booth Fee: $1,700.00
There is a $20 Non-refundable application fee (payable by credit card) due along with your online application no later than Friday, December 21st, 2019. Please submit images of your food items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For returning vendors, please be aware applications will be accepted as long as you are in good standing and have submitted your 2019 sales and feedback form; linked here for your convenience: (https://forms.gle/ndY7wEiZAiNa12V5A
Those accepted will receive notification of acceptance along with a contract which will detail all of the information needed on how to confirm your participation.
1. Read the application in its entirety.
2. Complete the online application form before the deadline
3. Remit $20 application fee payable through Paypal link
4. Images must be submitted to email@example.com and must be less than 2MB each.
4. Do not remit booth fee prior to notification of your selection and receiving your contract.
MID-CITY BAYOU BOOGALOO WILL PROVIDE:
1. A 100 Square foot, fire rated, covered booth with a hard counter for selling with flooring and lighting
2. (1) 120-volt, 1800 watt circuit with a single cord.
3. Prep area located behind the booth
4. Sign displaying menu items and cost.
5. Overnight Security from Thursday, May 15th – Sunday May 17th at 9 pm.(Times subject to change)
6. Basic sanitation services.
7. Onsite Ice for purchase: $7/40lb. bag
8. General promotion of food via the website, e- blast, and media advertisement
THE FOOD VENDOR WILL AGREE TO:
1. Secure special events occupational license (special event vendors permit)
2. Take all measures commonly expected in the food industry and by the State of Louisiana Board of Health to prepare and keep food safe for consumption. Provide proper storage and serving equipment to keep hot foods at the safe temperature of 135-degrees or higher and cold foods at safe temperature of 40-degrees or lower.
3. Coordinate any requirements for ice and freezers or storage of ice prior to the event, and subject to a surcharge which shall be determined in advance.
4. Agree to place wood boards/ sheets as ground protection underneath all cooking equipment.
5. Ensure any additional 10 ft. x 10 ft. pop-up tents, have stakes and 40 lb. weights per tent leg.
6. Staff the booth from Friday 4 pm until 9:30 pm, Saturday 11:00 am until 9:30 pm, Sunday 11:00 am until 8:30 pm and be prepared to sell all menu items by 5 pm on Friday and 11 am on Saturday and Sunday sharp. (Times subject to change)
7. Supply a 3A:40B:C and a 2A:10B:C fire extinguishers with proof of current inspection.
8. Adhere to pre-approved menu items. No more than 3 items and 1 combo, or 4 items total.
9. List all equipment and their power needs, described in amps (or watts), volts and plug type. There will be a surcharge for any extra needs beyond the standard electrical package. NOTE: GENERATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED
10. Be responsible for bringing additional power strips.
11. Provide Friends of Bayou St. John with a “Certificate of Insurance” indicating the following coverage levels; General Liability: $1,000,000 per occurrence / $2,000,000 Aggregate naming Friends of Bayou St. John as additional insured
12. All vendors UNDERSTAND that the festival insurance DOES NOT extend to vendors.
13. Submit sales and feedback form to Vendor Manager within 30 days of the festival.
14. Report sales to The City of New Orleans Dept. of Revenue of any income made at the Festival, within 30 days of the end of the festival.
SUBMIT APPLICATION FEE:
A LOOK BACK AT OUR 2019 FOOD VENDORS